Monday, October 31, 2011

13.1094miles

Am i crazy to think i can run a half marathon?

This weekend, we did a 5K and it was a disaster.  We got there late. And so we thought we would run it anyway and we did! But we didn't realize until it was too late that we had missed a mile of the entire course.  Needless to say maybe we ran a 2.5mile run.  So to make it up to my friend, who runs half marathons, i told her i would do a half marathon with her. 

But now i am panicking.  Can i do this? Am i crazy?

But i have done a 5k on the treadmill in 33minutes.  I did a 10K a few years ago.  Okay maybe like four years ago.  And i bearly made in 1hr 15mins.  I am sure i can do a half marathon.

Why not right? Like my husband says, i can do a walk-run.  although i have never been a huge fan of the walk-run, always thought it was cheating...i could do that and make it through!

I can always just continue my training regiment, kick it up a notch and like Nike said so well, "Just Do It!"

What do you think? Am i going bonkers to think i can go from a 3.1k to a 13.1094K....?
Have you done a half-marathon before and if yes, what training regiment did you use?


1 comment:

Emily - faliLV said...

You can do it!! I am a new follower from Fitness Friday. I enjoy the clean look of your blog, and the motivational posts! I will be back!
Emily
www.familylifeinlv.com/2011/11/be-the-next-fitfluential-ambassador.html